Although the primary purpose of this project is to build an image library for the school's use, a number of parents have asked whether they can purchase prints from this image collection.
Print orders need to placed online - see the bottom of this page for how to order.
A range of finished products is available. These will be produced by hand, to the same high standard as for Stephen's private portrait clients.
Prints and gift portfolios
Many of the photographs from this collection look fabulous at a large size, as you may have seen in displays at the school.
We can also provide a variety of smaller products including desk or mantlepiece frames; or these small 2- and 3-image gift portfolios bound in linen, leather or damask:
Please contact Stephen to discuss any special requirements.
Although most of Stephen's clients ask him for finished products, it is also possible to order loose prints (typically at a 10x8 inch size). These are individually produced for you - Stephen is not a "school photographer" with a high-volume factory process. Each image is taken back through the digital equivalent of the darkroom before making your print.
Bespoke photographic albums
If you have found a number of photographs of your son, his friends, and other Cothill scenes, Stephen can design a unique album for you.
These are fine products, printed on photographic paper to bring the best out of your images, and bound in leather or a wide range of interesting fabrics. Additional smaller copies can be ordered at a discounted price, as gifts for relatives. Please contact Stephen to discuss your requirements.
The printed books
For the 2015 Cothill project, Stephen designed a hardback coffee-table sized book. It contains over 200 carefully-produced photographs (about a quarter of the images on this website) showing Cothill from dawn through to lights-out. Of course not every child, or every member of staff, appears in the book, which is designed to capture the atmosphere, energy and feeling of the school.
This beautiful book, packed with memories of life at Cothill, has sold out but copies can be produced for you on demand (unfortunately at a slightly higher price than the original print run).
Your copy can be shipped to you in the UK or internationally, dispatched within about 2-3 business days. Printing on demand costs £140 for a single copy but there are quantity discounts (down to £110 per copy); shipping is extra.
If you want to see which images are in the book, here is a preview (click on it to open in full screen):
Stephen also designed and produced a book containing about half the images he took at Sauveterre. Further copies of this book can also be printed on demand.
Orders need to placed on the fatkoala images website, fatkoala.biz - the first time you access the ordering system you will need a password which has seen sent to parents (if you don't have it, contact the school office).
Here's how to order hand-made prints:
1. Go to fatkoala.biz
2. Select "ORDER PRINTS", then choose "Portrait of Cothill", then select a gallery
3. You can expand any picture to see it more closely by clicking on it; or click the shopping cart icon to order it
4. Choose the product you are looking for from the tabs at the top right (wall prints, desktop prints, albums, cards, unframed prints etc). The system will give you further information about the product. You can also scroll down to see more products.
Note: there are quantity discounts available for most products - eg ordering several prints, even if the images are different. Information is displayed on the ordering system.
5. As each product is hand-made (not produced in a big factory), there may be additional options to review - eg paper size, image trimming. Review these and customise to meet your needs.
6. Click on the shopping cart icon to add to your basket
7. Check out and pay. The system will ask you to create an account if you don't have one. Please pay by bank transfer if you can - there is an option for credit cards but the fees for a small business are very high.
To order a bespoke photographic album or for any unusual requirements, please contact Stephen to discuss.
For clients based outside the UK:
Many products can be shipped internationally - please ask. For international clients looking for a large print for the wall, we can supply loose prints (20x16 inch) which you can have framed locally.